Sunday

New maker profile: 'Hand over your fairy cakes'

 


We love jewellery, and we are super duper excited about our new friend Sally from 'Hand over your fairy cakes'.  An original, quirky and fun artist working in acrylic jewellery:

'I'm Sally and I've been designing and making jewellery in the living room of my flat in Glasgow, much to my flatmate's annoyance, since 2006...


...I like to use bright colours and multiple layers of acrylic to make bright, unique jewellery.  I begin designing my jewellery by scribbling my ideas onto paper then turning my favourite ones into vectors using Inkscape. I then send these designs to be lasercut from bright 3mm acrylic sheets. 

 
...When my newly cut shapes arrive I then glue the pieces together to form the final piece. Sometimes they don't quite work the first (or second, or even third!) time and I have to alter the vector drawing and have it re-cut. It's a great feeling when it all comes together though!'


Sally joins us for the 1st time at reetsweet on Dec 1st at Leeds Corn Exchange...free entry as always!



No comments:

Post a Comment