Wednesday

reetsweet's christmas at sheffield: previews


Two more brilliant women appearing at the sheffield fair - we have a boutique accessory maker - Alison Moore - whose bright and playful designs are the perfect gift for any vintage loving woman, and then the very 'hardcore' Jessica Flinn who has a stunning range of silver jewellery including her unique concrete collection...

'Alison Moore began designing and making for the public in 2009, after a lifetime of creating. She enjoys working with tactile media; her current project being 'Kitsch and Stitch', a range of accessories made with beautiful cotton fabrics.




The designer's
inspiration comes from a variety of places, from her surroundings on the edge of the Peak District National Park and memories of the six years she lived in South Texas, to old prints and ceramics.

Alison's aim, is to provide people with new pro
ducts that will become treasured vintage items of the future.'




'I am Jessica Flinn, I design and make handmade contemporary Jewellery from my workshop in Sheffield, I use a variety of traditional metalwork tools; some of which are 100s of years old! I use "hardcore" metalwork techniques - think blowtorches not beads! My current collections are made from Stainless steel and sterling silver. I have four ranges in my current collections: Mosaics, Lace, Spices and finally the concrete range.




I have just over 40 pieces in my collections and these range in price from £20 - £100. I also offer a bespoke design service for one off orders. Your wish is my command!
'

See these makers and more on sunday 27th nov at the millenium gallery in sheffield....free entry! For more information on our fairs and future events please go to www.reetsweet.com

No comments:

Post a Comment