Saturday

Easter Fair Preview: Spoonfuls of love - Ceramics by Sarah Morris-Jones

 
 

I'd say we are all romantics at reetsweet, not necessarily soppy, hearts & kisses romantics, but we all enjoy a bit romance and wonder, and another thing we all love is ceramics...we are so glad to introduce to you Sarah Morris-Jones with her stunning feel-good ceramic collection...


'I love to make things with clay and I love to collect spoons!! I have been making ceramic spoons for quite some time now...some are earthy, dark and chunky, like some ancient artefact dug up from the ground...others are made from delicate porcelain clay, with a vintage teatime appeal to them.


Sarah Jones-Morris Ceramics began when I completed my ceramics degree in 2001. Since then I have continued to work creatively as well as working as an art technician in a school.  I have designed and created a collection of ceramic spoons, inspiration has been drawn from my welsh heritage and the tradition of giving hand carved love spoons as a token of love and affection. Each spoon is modelled by hand and then embellished with surface pattern before being fired, then glazed and fired again. The spoons are sold individually or displayed in decorated box frames.

There is also the option to have the spoons personalised, creating an individual and unique gift ideal for weddings, anniversaries, christenings, birthdays and many other occasions.



My collection also includes a range of porcelain tea lights, each one handmade and unique. Choose from antique lace or dotty design. Both produce a lovely effect when lit from within and look beautiful displayed in the home.  I also have a selection of smaller items available which include decorative ceramic love hearts and birds, which can also be personalised. An ideal smaller gift or decoration for the home.'

You can view her online store at 'not on the high street' or come see her at our next event april 6th, Leeds Corn Exchange.

No comments:

Post a Comment