Sunday

oct fair preview: new friends!


Here at reetsweet we are always looking for new crafty talents, and are proud to introduce to you Natasha Kidd - aka 'theknittingkidd' knitter extraordinaire!

'I am a knitter with a serious case of the 'knitting bug' interested in creating, making, colour, texture and all things handmade.

I design and hand-knit unique and quirky felted bags. My bags come in a variety of shapes, sizes and colours, with embellishments including knitted toadstools, mushrooms, flowers and other flora, fauna and buttons. Alongside bags I make knitted and felted purses, brooches, pencil and laptop cases. Most recently I have started to develop a range of small knitted toys. All products are made with high quality wool.

I have been knitting for about a year and a half after a random knitting lesson with my mum one Christmas. Since then I haven't stopped knitting and I have been selling my wares for about a year, first to friends and family and since April 2011 I have started selling at craft and handmade fairs.

I studied an Art and Design degree at Leeds Metropolitan from which I graduated in 2003. I have always been interested in making work including sculpture, model making, animation and drawing and painting. I have found my passion in knitting and textiles.'

http://www.knittingkidd.co.uk/




October's reetsweet on the 1st and 2nd will also showcase the work of Memelou - Michelle Gemmel! Her charming designs are the perfect antidote to the nights drawing in...

'Michelle Gemmel has been a designer for many years. She studied textile design at York St john University. After graduating she worked for large companies designing Underwear, swimwear, nightwear and housewares but most recently became a freelance designer. Michelle has always been in love with surface pattern and decided to follow her dream and design patterns all day long! She also now has the time to be more creative and has decided to pursue her love of craft. She loves making quirky, fun purses and printed tote bags as well as cards and other nic naks. Everything is handmade and designed (with love) in Michelle's micro studio in Leeds- it's really that small!'

http://me-melou.blogspot.com/


No comments:

Post a Comment